Sunday, August 3, 2014

Season 2 - Theme 2 - Missed Connections

From @RootKanal:

Tall, fair guy I saw at the mall last evening,
You walked in with a girl you were leaning on and joking with.
I saw the way she looked at you and it reminded me of me ages ago.
Will you make me smile this way too?
I’ll wait at the corner with two coffees. 

From @sourcasm:

I think it is life's idea of a cruel joke that we meet right people at the wrong time and then there are wrong people who enter our lives at the right time or maybe it is these missed connections that lead a few of us to the right people at the right time.

From @gauravjagwani:

She could never make her mind up. At least that is what they all heard. At night, she wanted to be a chef. In the day, a teacher. But, I was on her side. I mean, it is hard to bridge the gap between dreams at night and daydreaming, no? Yeah, just as I thought.

From @IndianIdle:

She was having a horrible day. She dropped her coffee. Her coat stuck in the doorknob and got torn. While getting downstairs heel of her shoe broke down. Cursing her luck she got outside. Just when she was crossing the road she tripped and fell down. A speeding taxi came and missed her very slightly.

From @_souringpie:

“Rejection? No, it didn’t discourage me. It just strengthened my belief that there has to be a special connection with the girl, your future wife, one that instantly enlivens your heart. Those unsuccessful prospects were just missed connections to me.” “So grandpa, what was your score?” ”Fourteen. Fifteenth was the special one.” Grandma blushed, faintly.

From @writingchalk:

Three murders had caught my attention – one, a famed industrialist, two, a common drug peddler, and three, a renowned pianist.
“Honey! It’s time to eat.”
My mind was neither here nor there.
As my wife turned around, I picked up my revolver. It felt light. I checked the number of bullets.
There were only three.

From @kunalbaidmehta:

'This is the last and final call for Mr. Malhotra'.
It had happened before too. Music was his drug. He would get so immersed in it that he would become oblivious to things around him. He missed this connecting flight again.
After the crash of his missed flight, music turned out to be his saviour.

From @tweettabulous:

"You may keep one of your children, the other will have to go."
"How to choose? How can I possibly pick one?"
Regretfully, she sends away her daughter. Allowing the son to live.
An epidemic killed her beloved son, leaving her wondering for the rest of her life if she missed the right connection there? 

From @lucidillusions: 

While packing her stuff she stumbled upon a small box nicely gift wrapped. It had summer'96 scribbled on it. She unwrapped it to find a cassette.

His word took her back to those teenage years, her first summer love. As she listened to the songs he wrote for her, that huge fight appeared so insignificant.

From @lungfakeer:

As I entered her,I realised that the past hours had passed quick & we hadn't bothered with the names' exchange.

It'd be later that she'd be in the loo, I'd check her purse sheepishly to see her death certificate & watch the Doctor issue mine to my brother,citing cardiac arrest due to shock as the reason.

From @oxymoronic_me:

The little girl looked at him with consternation. Will he? Won’t he? She desperately wanted that box for herself. No other box would work. He looked confused and moved his hand towards the other box. She smiled. He grinned slyly and marked a cross in her box. Her tic-tac-toe never connected. She lost the game.

From @thenesseffect:

"Hello, how've you been?"

"Hello again, I've been trying to get in touch with you since a while now."

"Good morning, hope you're well. I just thought of you."

"Hi?"

She set out to write him another text, but reread her previous drafts, sighed and stopped herself. Fifteen years ago they used to be inseparable.

From @TandooriCutlet:

He'd met his partner three years back today. They'd both taken the same bus to work. Today he planned to propose in the same place they'd first met. All month he'd planned and plotted. All their family and friends knew. He couldn't wait! So excited!

A few kilometres away, a cute guy overslept that morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment