Saturday, January 12, 2013

Theme 202 - Tempt

From @flirtingshadows: Some days, when I hear the hum or feel the vibration announcing the arrival of a text message, I try my best to avoid looking at it right away. Ditto for a missed call. The suspense thrills me, with its myriad possibilities. It tempts me, like an uneaten chocolate, until I can resist no more.

From @zoarcher: The distance created by two years of separation stood between them. The party’s celebratory fervour was initially lost on them. As the night became darker, the music grew louder, the drunken revelry became wilder. A glance, a touch was all it would take. She ached to throw caution to the winds and tempt fate. 

From @ImNotThatWitty: " It's been almost 4 years now. But the memory is still fresh in my mind. I waited for the clock to struck 12 so I'll have a reason to speak with her again. I was being immature and childish but the temptation was at its peak to ignore. My heart was tempted by her beauty. "

From @iyer_raman:

 “He was here yesterday. Why didn’t you finish him off?” he hissed. Calmly, she pulled out an expertly concealed .32 colt.

“Ohh, neat” he said, and tapped on a cigarette. “For how much?”

“Ten” she said.

“I’ll give you 20”

She took a moment to consider. He clicked his lighter, and his bullet found her.

No comments:

Post a Comment