Thursday, August 2, 2012

Theme 111 - Character

From @slokabs: Reena had to look her part. Her stylist tousled her hair a bit, smudged some of her red lipstick and set her sari so that her slender waist was visible more than usual. Reena was uncomfortable. Playing the part of someone with loose morals was difficult, because it was far removed from her real-life persona.

From @Sneak_Speak: She was beautiful – as they all are. She was a devoted companion, a loyal friend, and the love of my life. But there was so much more to her. From the day she first came into my life, to the day she was so abruptly taken away from me, I knew that dog had character.

From @writingchalk:

“Sir... don’t fire him, please. He’s such a nice guy. Always cheerful, and a great team member. The girls say he’s a ‘take-home-to-meet-parents’ guy.”

“He has to go! What good has he done for the company anyway?”

And absent-mindedly, I said aloud, “It’s not who you are underneath, it’s what you do that defines you.”

From @swordfish19: Is any profession moral today? Professions have become means to earn money. Lawyers defend the wrong guy, doctors operate for money and teachers sell education. Heck, even priests earn in the name of religion. Profession is no longer a calling. Even the character printed on that bank note must be squirming, falling into these hands.

From @nirmalad: There were no cell phones then. She waited, her fingers trembling and tears welling up in her large, evocative eyes. She waited for the phone to ring. To hear his voice. But there came none. Surely, there was a miscommunication. Something was amiss. Not one to disown... he was not devoid of character.

From @sinpinklove: She lived a life of her own.She travelled the world. She smiled at strangers. She spoke with her heart. She danced with her soul.She slept with random men. Her life had no boundaries. Society called her "characterless".Gen Y called her "liberated"

From @PeaceOVent: Dress removed carelessly. Head, less so.

From @michramiah: She cried when they experienced despair, she laughed when they made sarcastic comments. She smiled when they found love or success, she yelled when they tore each other apart. The characters in her favourite show were part of her life. Her own family hadn't heard from her in years.

From @roshd:

"Who was that lady whose voice I heard in the background when I called? Don’t lie I know you weren’t in office.”
“That was Sheila.....”
“How dare you roam around with that characterless bitch!”
“ I love it when you get this jealous! She helped me select this ring for you.Will you marry me? ”

From @CruciFire:

My dear friend reading this post, YOU are inside a game.

A MMORPG being played out in real time.

When you were born -
Stats:
      Lives – 1 | Character - 100%

Challenges:
      Lies – 10%
      Cheating – 15%
      Harm - 25%


How much % do you have left, my friend?

From @vchatting:

Dad, I saw you hugging Aunty.
No, you're mistaken.
No, I saw you ; I'll tell mom.
Please don't tell mom, it'll upset her. You are misunderstanding. Aunty was in pain and I was comforting her. As friends. Forget, it happened. Take this 100rupees, buy your friends some chocolates ; go and play. Ok now? Good boy!

From @visualization: She always wants me to share everything with her, but will always hide everything from me. She thinks she always has answers to my problem and I am the problem to all the answers. Men who want their girls to be like playstation end up with an encyclopedia. Girlfriends, Girlfriends…… What Character

From @absoluteme:

Everyone adored him, children waved at him and grandmothers bowed in greeting and asked for his blessings. After all, he played Ram in the local Ramleela.

Once, he drank a little too much and chased a teenager girl to the deserted plot at the end of the lane.

That night, he played a different role.

No comments:

Post a Comment